Dropcam is seeking a rockstar analytical business manager to add to our Finance team. This role will build business case models, create strategic analytics to understand where the business is going, and calculate performance KPIs to give insight on where the business is today.
If you live to let numbers tell the story of the business results this is the role for you.
Your role will build metrics and analytics that cut across the functional areas to give a razor sharp insight into the business drivers. Our business has a scope that covers retail channels, SAAS subscriptions, e-commerce sales, mobile delivery, and customer engagement so the scope of projects is potentially broad if you have the skills.
Dropcam is a company that is on the leading edge of the new economy.
- Define and develop KPIs, dashboards and stand alone analytics to give insight on business functions, product performance, channel results, subscription services, and e-commerce sales.
- Build automation into business analytics through leading development of automated excel workbooks, enhancements to the ERP, and implementing cloud financial planning tools.
- Lead the dynamic forecasting program to give on-going projections of where the business is headed including defining key metric drivers and historical analysis for variances.
- Create analytics that give insight across the business from product to channels to production to customers.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, channels, cost of sales, operating expenses and capital investment.
- Support executive team with fund raising and corporate finance modeling as required.
- Present analytics to mid-level managers and executives. Lead distribution of weekly dashboards and update reports.
- 2 years of experience in analytic based roles such as consulting, strategic planning or banking. Or 3 years of experience in internal corporate financial planning or corporate finance role.
- Experience in creating insightful analytics that drive business insight.
- Ability to understand, create and communicate key metrics for multiple dimensions of our business – SAAS, customer segmentation, retail channels, and production.
- Fantastic analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Extreme comfort in working with models and financial statements.
- Prior experience in building dashboards and metrics across a line of business.
- Ability to assemble, analyze and evaluate raw data into targeted business recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel. Ideal to have additional tools expertise such as SQL, databases, statistical tools, Adaptive Planning and company specific source of truth data sets.
- Ideally you have helped lead a dynamic forecasting program beyond a static planning environment.
- Personality that thrives in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Bias to action and ability to work independently to drive projects.
- You are fun and will make a high contribution to the team culture at Dropcam.