Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is making the next great consumer gadget - a user-centric web-connected video camera you watch from anywhere. Use your smartphone to check in on your baby, pets, home, or small business.
It sounds easy, but making a stable, highly available media streaming system that's easy enough for mom and dad to use is hard.
If you're up for interesting problems at a startup building a real mass-market product, we’d love your help developing a proud, user-focused engineering culture and fulfilling our mission: watch anything from anywhere.
- Define and implement exciting new features for the Dropcam Android App
- Work with the design team to ensure a consistent, easy-to-use, beautiful interface that people can use
- Investigate bugs and diagnose issues
- Share your knowledge with the team by conducting design and code reviews
- Expert knowledge of Android development with the Android SDK
- Fluent in Java
- Good knowledge of C and C++
- Has developed one or more apps currently available on the Google Play Store - please provide links
- An eye for good design
- A degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent
- Strong communication and documentation skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with the Android NDK
- Good working knowledge of media codecs and technologies (H.264, AAC, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies and network systems
Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is a venture-backed San Francisco startup building a consumer-friendly, web-connected internet camera focused on the home monitoring market. Our goal is to help you watch the things you love from anywhere in the world and make sure they’re safe and sound. Dropcam offers a long list of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Equity that's more than microscopic
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter plans
- Vacation when you need it
- Breakfast, lunch and a kitchen full of snacks
- Dropcams for your favorite locations
- Free helicopter ride piloted by our CEO
We’re a small team developing the next great consumer gadget – join us in making it a reality!