Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is making the next great consumer product - a user-centric web-connected video camera you watch from anywhere. Use your smartphone to check in on your baby, pets, home, or small business.
It sounds easy, but making a stable, highly available media streaming system that's easy enough for mom and dad to use is hard.
We're funded by Accel Partners, Menlo Ventures, KPCB and IVP. We have an uber convenient home office in SOMA near the Transbay Terminal and Embarcadero station.
We are seeking a rockstar iOS engineer to join our team and contribute to this amazing solution.
- Define and implement new features for the Dropcam iPhone App and iPad App
- Work with the design team to ensure a consistent, easy-to-use, beautiful interface that people can use
- Investigate bugs and diagnose issues
- Share your knowledge with the team by conducting design and code reviews
- Expert knowledge of iOS development with the iOS SDK
- Fluent in Objective C
- Has developed one or more apps currently available on the iTunes App Store
- An eye for good design
- A degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent
- Strong communication and documentation skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with OpenGL
- Good working knowledge of media codecs and technologies (H.264, AAC, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies and network systems
Dropcam is a venture-backed San Francisco startup building a consumer-friendly, web-connected internet camera. We help people watch the things they love from anywhere in the world. Dropcam supports its team with fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive salary. No really, very competitive.
- Equity - everyone is an owner
- A choice of comprehensive insurance plans
- Money saving commuter plans no matter if you BART, Drive or bike in.
- Vacation when you need it - yeah we trust our team
- Team lunch everyday for everyone (all styles)
- Dropcams for your favorite locations
- A date to get upclose and personal with our CEO in a private helicopter ride
We’re a focused team developing the next great consumer product experience – join us in making it a reality!