Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is making the next great consumer gadget - a user-centric web-connected video camera you watch from anywhere. Use your smartphone to check in on your baby, pets, home, or small business.
It sounds easy, but making a stable, highly available media streaming system that's easy enough for mom and dad to use is hard.
If you're up for interesting problems at a startup building a real mass-market product, we’d love your help developing a proud, user-focused engineering culture and fulfilling our mission: watch anywhere from anywhere.
- Design and maintain the backend software that powers the Dropcam platform
- Design and maintain tools to help manage Dropcam servers
- Maintain and provision servers
- Investigate bugs and diagnose issues
- Share your knowledge with the team by conducting design and code reviews
- Fluent in Python and C
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (SSL, etc.)
- Extensive experience developing networked applications
- Knowledge of Linux systems and POSIX
- Experience working with very large amounts of data and scalable systems
- Experience with database systems (PostgreSQL preferred)
- A degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Downtime makes you cry
Nice to Have
- Good working knowledge of media codecs and technologies (H.264, AAC, etc.)
Dropcam (http://www.dropcam.com) is a venture-backed San Francisco startup building a consumer-friendly, web-connected internet camera focused on the home monitoring market. Our goal is to help you watch the things you love from anywhere in the world and make sure they’re safe and sound. Dropcam offers a long list of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Equity that's more than microscopic
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter plans
- Vacation when you need it
- Breakfast, lunch and a kitchen full of snacks
- Dropcams for your favorite locations
- Free helicopter ride piloted by our CEO
We’re a small team developing the next great consumer gadget – join us in making it a reality!